Well, that does make things more interesting.  Really you have 5
possibilities:

1) All three files are identical
2) Files 1 and 2 are identical, but file 3 differs
3) Files 2 and 3 are identical, but file 1 differs
4) Files 1 and 3 are identical, but file 2 differs
5) All three files are different

You may just need to test each of those scenarios. Comparing a hash of
each file would surely reduce the amount of text CF had to throw around
especially if you are performing several tests with the same set of
files.

Even the Araxis Merge program (very, very, very handy) when comparing 3
files side by side, really only compares each file to the one next to
it.

The difficulty of this will probably rest on how much feedback you need
to give your users.  A simple yes no is easy.  A line-by-line break-down
of the changes is not so easy.

I will warn you, my code sample will bog down a bit on very large files,
but CF8 has phenomenal improvements in string manipulation and testing
over previous versions of CF.

~Brad