From: Les Mizzell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2008 1:44 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Odd results with error - ideas?

 > I am not sure why you would put both an integer and UUID in the
 > same column

The former owner of the database had an id (integer - auto increment)
column, and an atty_id column that had integers in it, but was type
varCHAR. No idea why he did that. In reprogramming the site, I had no
choice but to keep the data structure, but the varCHAR field was already

set large enough to hold a UUID - so I switched to UUID's at that point.

This shouldn't make any difference that I can see.

> <cfset myQueryMeta = getMetaData(q_atty)>
> <cfdump var="#myQueryMeta #">

It's coming out of the original query from the database as varCHAR, as
it should be. So, it should be going into the query object as varCHAR
too, correct?

> especially since you are attempting to perform a sort later on the
same colums.

I'm not doing a sort on the atty_id column. Just the calculated keyCOUNT

value (total number of times the search term appears in a particular
field), then first_name, last_name.

What I don't understand at all, is that some searches that return a
small amount of results work fine. A larger returned set of results,
that could contain the SAME results from the smaller search, will error
on the atty_id field or a record it didn't error on in the previous
search. If it *always* errored on the atty_id field when it was a UUID,
I'd have a better understanding of what was going on.