Tyler Fitch wrote:
> Hi Les,
>
> Are you working with Excel 2007 files?

Yea, darnit! Weird - one file will import fine, the next will toss an
error.  I can create all the spreedsheet files I want in Open Office,
save them as Excel files and every single one of them works. Go figure.

Client has been importing huge list, and this one list with only 10 rows
throws an error. Sheesh...

I though about attempting a utility that would let SQL Server do the
work, but I'm not that great with complex SQL Server stuff and don't
think I could pull it off. Plus, the formatting of the Excel sheets
*vary*, and I've got CF code that accounts for that.

Today was the first sheet they couldn't import. Once they gave it to me,
I got it to work by just putting "something" in the blank cells (spaces).

> I've had issues with reading the
> latest version of Excel files using the version of the POI library included
> in CF.  After upgrading to the newer 3.0.2 version I had less issues.

I can upgrade the library? Not my server, but I have access. I'll check
that out.