From: Ian Skinner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 11:41 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: (ot) MS SQL Server

If I convert an column in a table that is curently a type of
'varchar(8000)' to a type of 'text(16)', does this truncate the data?

I'm using Enterprise manager, when I put the conversion in, I note I can

not change the size, so I presume that text is always size '16' and that

this references the rest of the text however MS SQL Server handles this
data type.  When I do this, I get the 'data could be truncated'
message.  Is this just a proforma message, or am I possible not setting
this up properly so that there is enough space for the current data in
the field.