My educated guess is because you're most likely using IE (just a wild guess)
and it decided that it would post the form back to itself.  I've seen this
happen when one leaves out the action attribute all together.  Once you
added the url parameters, ie gave up and gave you the 405 error.

I'd guess futher that if you'd been using netscape you wouldn't have even
gottem past the first submission (the one without url parameters).