I'm delighted at the number of people who've had a look at the
tutorial i made on using object oriented approach to coldfusion
programming    I am mid way through the second part, which will
explain some of the odd things the first tutorial expects you to just
accept without question.    And you'll learn some more of the concepts
of Object oriented programming, with a very low "jargon quotient".
Hopefully I'll have it posted on my company's web site by the end of
the weekend, all being well.

For those who haven't been following along,  I wrote a tutorial about
how to use object-oriented  techniques in coldfusion, intended for
those who are having trouble wading through the maze of jargon and
terminology that surrounds all that stuff.    I had problems getting
started with it and wished there was a plain-language tutorial or two
so i could learn the basics first, and then understand the jargon
later.

In the first part, we take a simple real estate application and employ
object-oriented principles to make update/edit/add/delete
functionality - reusing code, reusing forms, simplifying a lot of
things and demonstrating how OO can help in the daily programming
life.

The second part adds to this, and takes the OO concepts further,
giving the basis of a live application.   At the end of part 2, you'll
be able to understand all the basic concepts of OO ColdFusion, even if
you arent across all the terminology yet,  and you'll be able to make
your own apps that run reliably, and allow the reuse of code,
separation of business logic and display elements and plenty of other
good stuff.

To see part one, go to http://afpwebworks.com  and there's a link in
the sidebar.  Let me know if it's of any use to you.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month