On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 6:42 AM, Stephens, Larry V wrote:
> I'm using a DHTML javascript menu (from DynamicDrive) that works fine in
> Mozilla (shows no errors in the error console). The sample works fine in IE
> but my revision (no

Thanks again for all the suggestions.

I figured it out by taking the working page and inserting the non-working
script piece by piece. This code allows sub-menus and the doc either didn't say
or I missed what elements were required with a sub-menu. After the first entry
in a menu tree some elements become optional in successive elements at the same
level. Everytime you add a sub-level those optional elements become required
for the first entry of the sub level:

Menu1(1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Menu2(1, 2, 3)
Menu3(1, 2, 3)
        Menu3_1(1, 2, 3, 4 5)

Etc.

Turns out I had a sub-menu where I left out the ,4, 5 in the first entry. For
whatever reason it still displayed fine in Mozilla and just threw warnings but
it choked and died in IE. As soon as I fixed that all began working again.

I will add that the tools I mentioned earlier for debugging IE were a great
help.

Larry V. Stephens
Indiana University
Office of Risk Management