-----Original Message-----
From: Dan G. Switzer, II [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Threads should be used with caution, because each thread is going to be
taking up memory (although I'm not sure how much memory each thread
uses.)
Spawning off threads like this is in rapid fire succession is a good way
for
the JVM to run out of memory and once that happens, everything becomes
really unstable.

I'd try to really limit the number of threads your creating. I'd even
look
at limiting things to a fixed number of worker threads. Try dividing the
work load between like 5 or 6 threads. Have each thread process it's
share
of the work load (i.e. each work load would handle 1/5 of the
workload--so
w/500 records, thread one would work on records 1-100, thread 2 would
work
on records 101-200, etc.)

-Dan