William Seiter wrote:
> Their technical support knows and knew that the cfdump tag was not
> permitted, regardless of how it functions behind the scenes.  They should
> have shown that in their advertised list of tags they don't support.

cfdump is not even a tag you *can* restrict in ColdFusion. It is not in
the list of tags and functions that can be restricted in the CF
Administrator.

cfdump throwing an error on some datatypes when CreateObject("java", )
is disabled is an undocumented side-effect of the way cfdump is
implemented: cfdump is just a customtag. It functions like any other
customtag and can use the same CFML as your code can use. (Try it:
replace dump.cfm in the cftags folder by your own customtag and see what
happens.)

I think you have unrealistic expectations of your host if you expect
them to document behaviour Adobe itself hasn't documented (which is why
I suggest http://adobe.com/go/wish/).

Jochem