> > - Intel Pentium 4, 3 GHz (as opposed to a Quad Core Pentium)
>
> You don't get a quad core pentium, you get a time-slice off a quad core
> pentium.

True, but a slice off a quad core is better than a slice off a P4...

> > - Only 6 email support tickets per month ($15 each for extra!)
> > - 6 reboots ($29 each for extra!)
>
> If either of those isn't enough, you shouldn't be running a server in
> the first place.

I'm assuming that the problems I would be addressing are on their end, not mine.
If their hardware or installed software is misbehaving, then that shouldn't be
on my dime, unless I caused the problem.

> > - Windows 2003 Server - $26 per month (incl with KAVPS)
>
> You never mentioned Windows was a requirement :)

Yes, I'm a "Windows Only" guy...

> > - MSSQL 2005 Standard - $99 per month (incl with KAVPS)
>
> You have sufficient diskspace and RAM to install MSSQL 2005 Express on
> your own server. And I think the 1 GB space allotment isn't much with KAVPS.

I don't use MSSQL anyway...I use MySQL 5.  So the $99 wouldn't apply in
my situation, but for other considering the difference who use MSSQL, I felt
it was worth noting.

> > - Plesk for 100 Domains - $40 per month (incl with KAVPS)
>
> Why would you need this? You have the root password.

Never needed it, but just trying to compare what I get with both
for the price.  Leave out the cost in the comparison and that's would
seem to be an unfair strike again KAVPS, as they include it for free.

> I find both options a bit fuzzy on the details of backup and restore.

I didn't address backup and restore in the comparison, but here are the details:

KAVPS:

Backup and Restore
Self-administered incremental and scheduled backup capability comes
as a part of the feature set. Backups enable quick restoration of
each VE without support intervention.

VE Backup/Restore
Backup and restore the VE from the backup including all system and user files

ServerPronto:

System Restore:  $39

I backup my own data and files daily, anyway.  I don't backup the VPS, but with
either vendor, I'm sure they'd be able to get it back up quickly.  Then, if
necessary, I'd be able to put the data and files back on immediately.

VPS's, as opposed to dedicated servers, supply everything I need currently,
with a better price point, by far.  In the future, dedicated servers may
be the way to go for my needs.

Thanks for the points you made, Jochem, and for furthering the discussion
and understanding.

Rick