i have used this one:
http://www.cflib.org/index.cfm?event=page.udfbyid&udfid=1840 (inside a
cfdiv and using ColdFusion.navigate() to submit the calendar form to
make it not refresh the main page).

you can see a customized example here:
www.phuchan.com/tour-info.cfm?did=54&tid=13#departures

or do you need more of a popup datepicker than an always-on calendar?

Azadi Saryev
Sabai-dee.com
http://www.sabai-dee.com/