I didn't do a <Cflog>, but I was cfdumping, adding marker characters (like
222222) and cfaborting...  It never made it inside the CFLOCK.  And this is
BEFORE the cfif, i was careful to place my condition check in between the
CFLOCK and the CFIF.

However, I don't think this is a Model-Glue problem, I think its a bluedragon
problem.
1) The problem was solved with a bluedragon restart
2) Same code worked fine under windows
3) Same code worked fine on the same server running a different application
(but running from the /modelglue and /coldspring directories).

I cannnot reproduce the error anymore, as the restart fixed it.   I might be
able to dig up the server logs though if you are interested.