From: Steve Sequenzia [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 1:41 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Consuming a Web Service with CF8

Just to get this out of the way. I am pretty much brand new to web services so
please excuse my lack of knowledge.

I have been working on a real small web app that allows the customer to input
an invoice then it kicks out a csv of the invoices. My problem is that the
vendor just added an additional step that requires that I check the invoice
against a web service that will tell me if it is valid.

The vendor gave me a basic document that lays out the web services. There are 2
web services one is just a ping and the other actually checks the invoice. I
cannot get either of them to work and I am not sure why. Here is the info for
the ping web service that they sent:

ZNAPing

Purpose:This web service was created to give an external customer an
opportunity to verify availability of the ZNA Claims Web Services before
calling in with actual request.

Signature:string ZNAPing( void );

Input:NONE

Result:string.

Note:Successful return will contain an XML fragment with the following
information

<ZNAPingResult>
<timeStamp>9/24/2004 8:24:58 AM</timeStamp>
<Version>0.61</Version>
</ZNAPingResult>

Client can parse this string to extract some information - <timeStamp> element
contains date and time of the call, <Version> element – contains the
version of the web services.

I have been trying to consume it using cfinvoke like this:

<cfinvoke webservice = "https://devurl.asmx";
        method = "ZNAPing"
        returnVariable = "getBack"
        username="username"
        password="password">

<cfoutput>#getBack#</cfoutput>

I am getting this error when I run it:

 Unable to parse WSDL as an XML document.
Parsing error: Fatal Error: URI=null Line=69: The element type "p" must be
terminated by the matching end-tag "

Again, I am very new to web services so I am sure I am doing something wrong.
If anyone could help point me in the right direction that would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance for any help.