>     Seeing as how this type of sql injection attack is
> succeeding so much (even my favorite fishing website has been
> down for days due to it (it is a .cfm site))...
>   how about changing cfquery so that by default, only ONE sql
> statment can be sent.  Let us override that with a parameter
> in cfquery or a cfprocessing driective type of thing in our
> application.cfm..

The problem with this, as Jochem points out, is that it would require CF to
parse SQL. This is a losing battle, as each database will do different
things when given an SQL batch. What if databases automatically escape
Unicode character sequences? Then CF would have to do the same.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/