>This will fix a problem in which a long string containing too many back
>references for non-word chars can cause a stack overflow. As much as I love
>CF, I find the native regex implementation sadly lacking.

Thanks for the update... I'm not sure if any of my customers are using a host
that disables use of CreateObject with java classes, but that would be a
possible concern with this change. But I have only run into that once before,
so shouldn't be a major issue. I'm thinking for my own application, I'll just
load the pattern matcher into a persistent scope so there won't be too much
performance hit running it on every page request.

>My apologies to anyone already using it, I guess this is what I get being
>drawn into posting code I hadn't had a chance to fully test. If anyone has
>problems with, or enhancements to the above, please let me know.

I don't know how many of my customers tried the first one I put up, but haven't
gotten anything but positive feedback so far, and I haven't put out any new
release with it included yet, so thanks for posting the enhancement, I'll give
it a good test and let you know if I run into problems. I'll give it a test on
Railo as well and make sure it doesn't run into any bumps on it either.

>Also, thank you to Mary Jo for adding me to the credits. My surname is Read
>FYI in case you still desire to include me.

Well, I always try to give credit where it is due, and already had put you on
there, just glad to add your surname as well.

--- Mary Jo