>> I had to go in and change IE7's settings before it would shoe the movie
>
>You mean Windows' settings, right?  I don't know anywhere where IE7
>does file type support, although that doesn't mean its not hiding
>somewhere inside.  Since I have the full Acrobat (5) on my desktop
>unit,  I'll try it on one that has just the plugin.  Maybe thats the
>problem... but it worked on this desktop recently.

Here's some instructions I posted for our users, pertaining to the WMV problem.
I dunno if this is barkin up the wrong tree.

You may need to change your settings in Internet Explorer 7 to view the video
tutorials. If so, follow the instructions below.

   1. Open IE7 > Tools > Internet Options
   2. Click on the "Programs" tab
   3. Click on the "Set Programs" button
   4. Click the "Set program access and computer defaults" link
   5. Click the "Custom" option
   6. Go down to the "Choose a default media player:" option and select
"Windows Media Player"
   7. Click the "Ok" button
   8. Close "Default Programs" window
   9. Click the "Ok" button on the "Internet Options" window