What
Do you mean by repo -> server and server -> repo?

The latter should never be an issue, or even considered. Anyone who makes
changes to production and not in a development environment shouod be hung
out to dry or better still beaten with a stick until you realise that
development is what it means.

You develop, you fix and you test. And when you and your client are happy
then it is moved from dev / qa to production.

If you make changes to production and the stick back into the SVN, you
seriously need to rethink your procedures.

NEVER USE production WITH YOUR SVN REPOSTIORY.

Development at all costs, needs to do one of two things. Be the latest, be
tested and if required then deployed to live. NEVER the other way around. If
youu are intent on following the wrong rules of development then you are
doomed to be the one that is developing with the wrong frame of mind.

Once you have deployed to a production server, it should never have any ties
with the repository in any way shape or form. If you are one of those that
think this is ok, then you will need to adopt new procedures quickly. Before
you adopt bad and I mean VERY BAD ideas.

SVN was created for one purpose and one purpse only, that was to provide a
revision control system for you to roll back, and manage different versions
of your code. If you chose to ignore that then you are creating more work
and more headaches to your development team or yourself if you are a lone
developer.

The thing to remember is what someone else might think about your
procedures, and I do not care what anyone else has to say about using SVN
when it comes to production code. If you can't be bothered to read the docs
on what SVN actually is, or how to best utilise it then you should NOT be
using it.

--
Senior Coldfusion Developer
Aegeon Pty. Ltd.