Scott,

What cfsqltype attribute are you using in your cfqueryparam?  You might
try "cf_sql_bit".  Also, I had to write a custom function to generate
bit values for all boolean values.  Here's my function:

<!--- BooltoBit can be used to convert logical boolean values
    ("on/off","true/false","yes/no", "1/0") to bit values for
    insertion into SQL databases

    Example:

    foo = <cfqueryparam value="#BooltoBit(foo)#" cfsqltype="cf_sql_bit">

--->
<cffunction name="BooltoBit" returntype="numeric">
    <cfargument name="b" type="string" required="yes">
    <cfset var result = "">
    <cfif LCase(b) eq "on">
        <cfset b = True>
    <cfelseif LCase(b) eq "off">