1. You need to increase the amount of records returned by AD.  By
default, AD returns 1000 records.  You can increase this amount using
ntdsutil.  This must be performed by a domain admin.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315071

The AD administration limit you want to change is "maxPageSize".  Don't
make the value too large.  I would suggest setting it a few hundred
higher than your maximum amount of object that you want to query.

For example, if you have 9,000 user objects, set maxPageSize to 10,000.

2. Look at the CFLDAP attributes of SEPARATOR and DELIMITER.  Also, try
to set only one attribute at a time.  Then, add each attribute until you
find the one that is causing the error.

You don't need to set objectClass and objectCategory.  They are set by
AD when you create the user account.  This may be the actual cause of
the error.  Drop these two attributes from your modify operation.

3. You can allow users to update their own information, however, you
should do it using a generic proxy account that has permissions to
update AD.

First, authenticate the users, using CFLDAP or integrated browser
security.  If you use CFLDAP to authenticate the user, grab and store
the DN at the same time.  If you use browser security, you need to
perform another CFLDAP query to get the user's DN.  (You will need the
DN for the update operation.)

Next, present a form to allow the users to modify their data.  I would
suggest looking at the AD Schema MMC snap-in to get the
datatypes/lengths of each AD attribute.  Then, build your form
validation around that information.

Finally, use CFLDAP to modify the attributes of the AD user object, and
pass in the authenticated user's DN to control which AD object is
modified.

Mike