                                From: Dave Phillips <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 14 August 2008 19:02
To: CF-Talk <cf-talk@houseoffusion.com>
Subject: RE: Outputting columned UL tags

Why does this matter and why are we wasting bandwidth and time on this
discussion? I'm sure that most people would agree that there are just some
things in web development that are left up to the developer to choose and
that there are almost always more than one way to do something? Why even
make a big deal about it?

Since I'm on my soap box, my other beef is people on this list who don't
answer questions, but instead, ask "why are you doing it that way?". It's
happened more than once today already and I feel bad for those asking the
questions, because they are looking at a solution. In some cases, it's good
to offer alternative ways of doing things but, at least offer a possible
answer to the question and THEN suggest another way of doing it. Responding
with "why aren't you doing it this way instead?" and not evening offering an
answer to the question can be very disappointing to a developer who has
already banged their head against the wall for several minutes, hours or
days before making themselves vulnerable by asking a question in an open
forum like this. They sure don't need sarcastic remarks and/or time wasting
remarks.

Okay, I'm off my soap box now. :)

Dave Phillips