I don't know if it will be any help at all, but here's some code for
working with jexcelapi:

http://cfjexcel.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

Probably query2xls.cfc is what might have what you need.  The
formula/label stuff, *might* be similar to borders...

It's messy and un-var'ed in places, but it might help get you past the
stuck-ness, at least  :-)

Heh, I say "might" more than you hear "rarely" in a plavix commercial.

--
Beauty when unadorned is adorned the most.
St. Jerome