> We are creating a web service (CFC / WSDL) on a box and when
> I attempt to access it via browser, I am prompted to login (network).
> We have to lock down alot of items and was wondering if we
> installed a CERT on the box, would we be able to access the
> Web Service w/o the login?
>
> The CFC functions just fine, I have tested it to ensure they
> are no errors present. The error when registering via CF Admin is:
> "Error creating web service. Please check the web service
> name and/or url."
>
> That is basically what the error reads. Thus lead me to run
> the CFC locally and found the login issue. I can not pass the
> username/password via CFInvoke tag as other people externally
> would be accessing the Web Service.

How you can access the web service is entirely controlled by the
configuration of the server hosting the web service. But, I don't understand
the part about why you can't pass the username and password. Will the
external people connect outside of your app? If so, they'll need usernames
and passwords, or you'll have to have the authentication turned off.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/