I posted this in the newbie talk, but someone suggested that I may get
more help here.

Does anyone here have experience using a signature pad to capture a
signature on a web form (intranet in this case) from which the data
entered along with the signature are then entered into a PDF?  I've
got a signature pad from Topaz Systems and need to do exactly that.
The form already works fine without the signature.  It can be filled
out and upon submission the data from the various fields is entered
into an existing PDF via cfpdfform.  Now I need to add an actual
signature.

The Topaz site included some example code with some CF, but I'm lost
on how to tie that into the form.  Here's their example code:

<!---
       <cfmodule template="/somePage.cfm" pageName="Sign Example">
        --->

       <cfscript>
       /**
        *
        * @param str
        * @return Returns a boolean.
        */

       function IsSomeMethod(str) {

               return true;
       }
       </cfscript>

       <cfif not IsSomeMethod("Some Value")>

                       Press the Sign button to sign. Press the Clear
button to erase the
signature and re-sign. Press the Display Signature String button to
turn the tablet off and display the signature string that is to be
passed back to the server after signing is complete.
       <cfelse>
               <cfoutput>
                       Press the Sign button to sign. Press the Clear
button to erase the
signature and re-sign. Press the Display Signature String button to
turn off the tablet and display the signature string that is to be
passed back to the server after signing is complete.
               </cfoutput>
       </cfif>

       <DIV STYLE="position:absolute; top:200px; left:225px;">
       <TABLE height=150 cellPadding=0 width=286 border=1>
         <TR>
               <TD>
                 <OBJECT id=SigPlus1
                 style="LEFT: 250px; WIDTH: 300px; TOP: 350px; HEIGHT:
150px" height=150
                 width=300
classid=clsid:69A40DA3-4D42-11D0-86B0-0000C025864A name=SigPlus1
                 VIEWASTEXT><PARAM NAME="_Version" VALUE="131095">
                <PARAM NAME="_ExtentX" VALUE="4842">
                <PARAM NAME="_ExtentY" VALUE="1323">
                <PARAM NAME="_StockProps" VALUE="0">
                 </OBJECT>
               </TD>
         </TR>
       </TABLE>
       </DIV>

       <input id="DoneBtn" name="DoneBtn" type="button" value="Sign"
onclick="javascript:SigPlus1.TabletState(1);">

       <input id="ClearBtn" name="ClearBtn" type="button" value="Clear"
onclick="javascript:SigPlus1.ClearTablet();">

       <input id="SigBtn" name="SigBtn" type="button" value="Display
Signature String" onclick="javascript:
       SigPlus1.TabletState(0);
       SigPlus1.SigCompressionMode(1);
       alert(SigPlus1.SigString());">

       <!---
       </cfmodule>
        --->

When I run that code it seems to work fine.  You can use the signature
pad and what you write appears on the screen.  I just can't figure out
to get the signature itself to "submit" with the rest of the form. I'm
totally lost at this point.

Also, if you look at the form you'll see there's a button that
displays the information that is sent to the server.   If I hit that
button it displays a hex string.  I wasn't sure if that info would be
useful to anyone attempting to help.

Aaron