> Ha! Claude!  Are you kidding!  I'll bet if I asked all of my
> clients to zip up a folder of folders, only 10% would know
> how to do it without in-depth instruction...

For those types I generally just deploy an FTP account and craft a URL
that they can click on such as:

ftp://user:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/

Then they can just drag and drop the files into the Explorer window and
it uploads them to the server.  Depending on the application a process
can either run periodically to sweep the files in and process them into
a general file/image library, or they can click the "import images"
button when adding a record and it will go pull in anything in the
upload folder.

Gets around the whole "click and select each file individually" issue,
the ZIP issue, AND the HTTP timeout issue all at once.  If you craft
your user interface well then it becomes easy for the users.

-Justin Scott