there are also commercial java applets out there that allow a user to
select multiple files at once (though not just pointing to the folder
containing the files - actually selecting the files inside the folder,
but they can click on and select multiple files in one 'select files'
window, or in some cases even ctrl+a to select all of them at once).
such applets are used on most of the photo sharing websites. of course,
the users have to allow the applet to be installed first. sorry, no links.

Azadi Saryev
Sabai-dee.com
http://www.sabai-dee.com/