From: Joel Parramore [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, 29 August 2008 2:38 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: ColdFusion not seeing standard Java classes when using CFINVOKE

Hello folks,

I'm converting a CFC to use <cfinvoke> instead of createObject becase of a
hosting provider's restrictions.  When using cfinvoke, ColdFusion (v8
Developer edition, under Windows 2003 Server) does not see standard Java
classes; however, when using createObject, there does not appear to be a
problem.  A short example:

THIS FAILS (Could not find the ColdFusion Component or Interface
java.lang.System.):
<cfinvoke component="java.lang.System" method="getProperties"
returnvariable="prop2"> <cfdump var="#prop2#">

THIS WORKS:
<cfset prop = createObject("java", "java.lang.System").getProperties()>
<cfdump var="#prop#">

If someone has encountered a similar issue and resolved it, I'd appreciate
hearing it.  Thanks in advance...

Regards,
Joel