I'm not too sure what constitutes a "page thread".

Assuming that it's the processing of the .cfm page, then that wouldn't
really apply, I don't think, because I'd be using
these merged templates with multiple threads coded
in them as part of scheduled tasks, which, if I understand
correctly wouldn't involve a "page thread."

I'm looking for a way to combine the 54 templates
I currently have to process data every day into
4 or 5 templates.

I actually tried setting the wait time to 0,
and the template threw an error.  When I set a time,
it ran fine.  Perhaps I should leave the wait time
attribute out entirely.  Perhaps that would default to 0.

Also, even with the wait time set to 0, I don't want
the "joining" threads to finish first...I want them
to finish *after* the first thread that they would be
joining.

joined,
> even if you specify a page time-out.'
>
> This sounds like if you do not set the timeout attribute then the thread just
> waits until the
joining