i totally agree with Claude: unless there is a better reason to not have
thumbnail-sized images, you should not tax your server with all the
cfimage resizing - it is a very memory-intensive operation. i use this
on-the-fly functionality on one of the sites to add a watermark to a
large-size preview image for non-registered viewers. but i definitely
would not use this to create and display thumbnails...

but... if you are set in your way, look at imageUtils cfc on riaforge -
Ray & Ben & Co have made a great job with it. it includes a custom
imagewritetobrowser function that can add alt, style and lots of other
html attributes to the img tag it produces.

Azadi Saryev
Sabai-dee.com
http://www.sabai-dee.com/