Hi everyone,

After what seems like 100 years reading the archives, I just joined the
mailing list and wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Philip Kaplan and I've been a ColdFusion programmer since around
1996.  I'm sure others discovered CF this way -- IIS hadn't yet been
invented  so I was using a web server called Orielly Website Pro, which
happened to come with ColdFusion built-in.  I was in college on a summer
internship (at Booz Allen & Hamilton) and my employer (thank goodness) told
me to learn it.

I've built a lot of sites in ColdFusion since then.  The most well-known was
a site called Fuckedcompany.com that tracked the collapse of the (first?)
dot-com bust.  One of the newer CF sites I built is a photo-sharing social
network at www.mobog.com.  It's the first CF site I've load balanced across
multiple servers, which is fun.  Incidentally it's hosted on
www.gogrid.comwhich is a could-hosting thingamajig.  Happy to share my
(mostly positive,
some negative) experiences with it.

For a living, I'm the founder and president of an ad network called
AdBrite.  AdBrite was initially developed by my business partner, a PHP guy,
so no CF there.  We have about 115 employees and are based in San
Francisco.  I still get to use CF at the day-job to prototype stuff and
build some internal reporting tools.

Anyway, hello everyone!

Philip