Not sure, but I think CF needs the permissions.

?

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Becker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2000 6:52 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CFCONTENT across network shares

Im having a problem doing a CFContent tag... I'm trying to get a file thats
on another server like this:

<CFCONTENT
        TYPE="application/unknown"
        FILE="\\NetworkServer\documents\newsletter.pdf"
        DELETEFILE="No">

The website is behind basic authentication on IIS. If I log in as me, an
administrator, it works fine. If I log in with the client's login, I get a
very descriptive error message:

"Please inform the site administrator that this error has occurred (be sure
to include the contents of this page in your message to the administrator)."

We were thinking this was a permissions issue, but we tried giving the
client the exact same permissions as me, an administrator, but it still
doesn't work.

Has anyone else had any experience with doing CFCONTENT across  network
shares?

Thanks,
Scott Becker
Webmaster : ConnectWise, Inc.