From: Jeff Becker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 4:07 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: (ot) SQL Join With LIKE in Join Criteria

Very interesting Michael. A good solution based on the environment your
working with.  I'm no DBA, but I do have a feeling this is an example
where proper normalization would help out significantly.  In terms of
performance, I have no idea if you'll have a problem, but I believe
anytime a LIKE '% is used, its a whole table scan and thus performance
could be an issue.

Good solution.. not sure what you can do to get around the LIKE '% .
Will be interested to hear what more DBA types will say about this.

Jeff