denstar wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 8:11 AM, Phillip M. Vector wrote:
>> Doug Brown wrote:
>>> Thanks for the reply. I checked my Apache2.conf and there is nothing even in
>>> there about coldfusion. I am relatively new to Linux, so any help woould be
>>> appreciated. I finally got sick of winblows and had to change.
>> Wow... You got sick of windows, so you went to Linux? *shutters*
>>
>> That's like saying you got sick of your car, so you traded it in for a
>> rocket. :) More powerful, but the controls and setup.... *shutters again*
>
> Sadly, you no longer need to be a rocket pilot to fly linux these
> days.  They've made it more like a rocket-car, than a straight-up
> rocket.
>
>> Anyway, it's not a windows or linux issue. You need to config your
>> apache config file with the location of the CF hook.
>
> Yes, use the wsconfig utility (google knows how) or google also knows
> what exactly 'spozed to go in there.
>
> Force be with you,
> :Den

Really..

So what benefit do you get now from running Linux?

I never delved into it because I didn't want to basically relearn DOS
again. :) If it doesn't take a few hours to install anymore, what is the
benefit behind it?

and no. I'm not being sarcastic. I'm honestly curious. I may start dual
booting my machine.