Ok, I feel like an idiot and must be missing something obvious.
I had to reinstall my developer edition of the CF server on my local box
(Win XP SP2). Since doing so, I cannot get CF pages to work. When I try
to load a page I am receiving a 404 JRun Servlet Error. The sites on my
dev box are under the d:\webapps\myapps folder. I have this mapped in CF
Admin as /myapps. I configured CF during install to run the built-in web
server.

So, for example, when I start the CF server and enter
"http://localhost:8500/myapps/mysite"; in the browser address bar, this
results in a "404 /myapps/mysite" error. If I add index.cfm to the path,
I get a "404 File not found: /myapps/mysite/index.cfm" error.

What am I overlooking?

Separately, when attempting to create a mapping, clicking on the
"Browser Server" form button to select a folder path brings up the
"Select Directory on the Server" window to select a folder but after a
few seconds it throws up a Server Error message (IO error on server
communication). I didn't encounter this problem before reinstalling the
CF developer edition on my box. Any ideas?

Thanks.

--
Best regards,

Chris Montgomery