Both solutions are fine. It mainly depends on what you want to do with
the data. If you want to implement a quick logging solution for a
specific error that you intend to fix and be done with, or if you are
just trying to gather information on a rare error, cflog works great.
If you want a comprehensive site-wide error tracking solution that
lets you report on errors and send summary emails, then having the
errors logged inside of a database helps.

-Mike Chabot