> Although it really depends on what you're doing with it (for instance,
> if you
> need to redistribute a CF server bundled with your closed-source
> application,
> you can't use OpenBD).

I've not worked with OpenBD yet, but in my experience with BD in the past, and
with Railo, BD seems to model ColdFusion and how it works a little closer. They
often added new stuff like cfimage and cfthread before Adobe, but for the most
part, using it was not much different than using ColdFusion. Railo is quite a
different engine and takes a little more getting used to but seems to be a bit
more cutting-edge in terms of its ability to do a lot of settings on a
per-website basis, lots of additional settings to help tweak performance, it
has a lot of neat features that you just don't see in these other products. Its
compatibility out-of-the-box has improved a lot as well, and it just really is
fun to work with, particularly if you can leverage some of its time-saving
features. It's biggest drawback is still the documentation but this is a
primary focus for them right now so hopefully that will be a moot point in the
future.

--- Mary Jo