Eh, sorry I didn't catch that you are pulling in from a completely
different database.  I think you can still directly in MySQL, like

INSERT INTO tablename (x,y,z) SELECT x,y,z FROM databasename.othertable

*if* both databases are on the same MySQL server.  But I'm not sure how
it works with a ColdFusion datasource, I think the user you are connect
the DSN as would need permission to both databases and it should work.

-Ryan