> I was wondering if anybody knew the max file size that CFSERVER can read
> using CFILE Action=READ.  I have a CF log reader page and a coworker came
> me with a 270m log file.  I tried and tried to get my page to read it but
> never could.  Any ideas?  Oh yeah, does anybody have any CF suggestions
for
> working with log files that are ridiculously large like 270mb?

I think the limitation would be server-specific, depending mostly on how
much ram you've got and/or how well the server can handle using virtual
memory.

An obvious suggestion would be to break the file up and process the pieces.
Of course, that begs the question, if CF is your only tool, of how to break
the file apart.  I think there are a number of freeware utilities floating
around to do this.

If you know Perl, this is ideal for processing big text logs.  I used to
have a web log analyzer that was partly written in Perl and part in CF.  The
Perl parsed the huge files and created these small summary text files that
were later read by CF.  The CF app brought in the data, added it to SQL
database and produced a few reports.

Jim