Sticking with your current method why don't you just continue to post back
to the same page.  Then in your check if it is a post back you instantiate
your CFC and pass in the FORM structure to do data validation.  That seems
like it would be the quickest way to mesh things into your current methods.
 Now people could argue you should change the methods around completely.