> Good thought, Mike, thank you.  So, I reset cf8 logon account to be the same
> as XP
> logon session/account and restarted, and went a step further, disabled
> firewalls including
> XP's own, however, same outcome (the command prompt did not show up).  What
> else
> could be in the way?

By default, services don't interact with the desktop, even if the
service is running in the same context as the logged-in user. I'm
pretty confident you'd see the process in Task Manager, though.

To enable desktop interaction, check the "Allow service to interact
with desktop" option in the Log On tab for the service in the Services
control panel.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/