Upon the heels of my CFMail tag questions I have run some tests.

I have a CF8 Standard server and a CFMX7 Standard server that I tested
this on.

I monitored the CF8 spool folder for a couple of hours. It sent 1 piece
of mail every 5 seconds. So when I have a clients newsletter that goes
out it takes forever and backs up anything else sent out after that.

As a test I moved out 800 pieces of cfmail from my CF8 Mail Spool
folder. I then FTPed those files over to the Spool folder on my CFMX7
server. All 800 of them were sent to my mail server within about 30
seconds.

So my question is why is my CF8 spooling 1 message every 5 seconds and
my CFMX7 server spooling them out to my mail server MUCH faster? Both
machines are sending mail to the same mail server.