From: Dawson, Michael [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 10:27 AM
To: cf-talk
Subject: RE: LDAP Query Performance question

My current process is to query AD using CFLDAP.  That returns about
5,500 user objects.

Then, I loop over those results and perform a CFQUERY to a SQL 2005
database.  Our SQL server is pretty beefy, so we haven't had any
performance issues.

My goal of this process is to compare names, titles, phones, addresses,
etc, from AD to the daily-updated information in SQL.  If any one of the
data attributes is different, then I perform an LDAP update to refresh
that particular user object.

It does take a few minutes to run, however, I have found a faster method
of connecting AD directly to SQL Server.

When I get some time, I'm going to rewrite this process to actually join
AD and the SQL table and compare the data in one swoop rather than
thousands of swoops.

Then, I will be able to schedule this as a SQL job and take the full
load of of ColdFusion.  Until then, it doesn't hurt a thing.

Mike