Sorry I don't come on here much. We run cf8 (and did run cf7 unsupported) in
Jboss 4.2 and 4.0.5. I like 4.2 better but its mostly Java stuff I like,
really nothing with ColdFusion, so it depends on how much JEE dev you are
doing alongside ColdFusion if one version is better than the other. As for
application.xml if you installed ColdFusion as a WAR you will not have one
of those in there, you'll want to install as an EAR (though technically if
you just read up on EARs you could make it yourself). If you want to install
as a war on Jboss you can deploy an exploded war and whatever the name of
the directory is will become the context root, or you and change that with
jboss-web.xml.

http://cfrant.blogspot.com/2008/03/jboss-eclipse-and-bluedragon.html

Adam