From: Jason Fisher
Sent: 11 November 2008 14:02
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: inserting a structure...within a structure...within a
structure

1) Main thing is that you don't need it, because you're already in the query
'scope' inside a CFOUTPUT or CFLOOP
2) If you do a <cfoutput>#cats.category#</cfoutput> on its own, it pulls the
first record, as though it were cats.category[1].  By putting <cfoutput
query="cats">#cats.category#</cfoutput> you're expecting CF to reference the
query again, but to override its default behavior (pull #1) to pull the
CurrentRow instead.  In rare cases, this can actually cause problems where
the 1st element of the query is returned within a loop rather than the
CurrentRow element.

So, basically, just cleaner and a wee bit safer to skip it since you're
already in scope.