So I took the paths out for the 404 path and submitted the cfadmin page so it
set back to default.  Now I get the stock 404 CF error if it cannot find a CFM
page.

I put the path back in cfadmin and refreshed the missing page test1.cfm and my
404.cfm page ran.

I tried another page test2.cfm and it displays the IIS 404.  It did not try to
run the CF 404 page.

My 404.cfm page only runs on the first one I tried. Test1.cfm.  It is like the
javabyte code was created once so it is cached and now no other pages run the
404.cfm page.

Strange.

This is MX7.

Maybe a bug?