I checked out the other HOF lists, and while I questioned the CF-Jobs list,
this seemed the most appropriate since some of you are actively
contracting/consulting and/or running your own corp or llc.

My employer is financially in trouble and has said my employment will end in
six months.  My employer (small NPO with some funding from related Private
Foundation), has given me the thumbs up for a contract of $50k next year,
but my boss, the Director, hasn't agreed on my rate, which I sent in a
mini-proposal last week.  So - my question for those of you that are active
or budding entrepreneurs is ... how many hours, or what rate would you
provide a "special" client (if they even exist), for contracting with you
for $50k over the course of a year, and you were to provide them with
continued programming and support of an application suite you developed,
which they'll be selling to hospitals, hotels, senior communities, and/or
donating to NPOs, and computer/server support for small group of less than
10 ppl?  (Also - most work is done remotely.)

A little extra background pertaining to my slowly growing my business is
such that I have commercial "moonlighting" clients I'm currently building
and supporting CF/Sql applications, which pay my designated rate of
$70-$80/hr, and Non Profits I give $65/hr too, (all invoiced for project
proposals of set amounts, plus support requests, and all work done
remotely).  Unless my other larger proposal is accepted, my plans as an
independent contractor during 2009 are going to be to sell blocks of hours
at reduced rates, which provide my skills (network/systems management,
database management, programming, etc.), to create a solid base income, and
go after commercial clients with higher dollar agreements based on hosting,
online marketing, and development/support.  Keeping all this in mind, I
don't want to lose my potential contract, but I'm likely to pass if the guy
attempts to go to low and then not negotiate upwards towards my proposed
amount, (which accounts for $5/hr more than I'm willing to take).

Thanks,
- Dakota