sorry if this comes through multiple times, I had problems posting.

>Are you on CF7?

I'm on CF 7.02.  I don't know if that'd be the difference.

> <cfset parsed =
XmlParse("http://sphumd.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default/6200705617846171475";)
/>
> <cfdump var="#parsed#">

yeah, that worked fine for me too the first time.
ok, wait, hmm - I think I have it!  I noticed that you weren't doing the cfhttp
at all.  I didn't realize that at first.  I didn't realize that xmlParse can
read in the document too.  I thought it only parsed it into an xml document.

I eliminated the cfhttp and I've not been able to reproduce the error since.
yaaaay!  However (dangit), I notice that now the text is coming in with
characters no longer interpreted that were previously fine with cfhttp.
The quotes are no longer working fine for this
http://sph.umd.edu/news/blog2.cfm?postID=9205167574356286735
Check out all the question marks for unknown characters.  I suppose I can
understand why, though not really.

Is this expected?

And thank you.

daniel