Hi

I would be interested to hear if this is feasible in Coldfusion or would
it be better delivered via Sharepoint.

I have a list of documents, as part of an induction program that a user
must read from our Intranet site.

How can I in Coldfusion check that a document has been opened? Once read
the user has to click a checkbox that they have read the document.
(Similar to an e-learning course website)

Next to this document it will display 'Read' with this information
stored in the database for that user. If the user has opened the doc and
not clicked the checkbox it will display 'Doc Opened' next to that
document on the webpage, and if they have not opened it, it will display
'Not Read'.

Any ideas on the right approach for this?

Or am I making this more complicated than it should be?

I would be interested to hear your views

Kind Regards,

Ian