JP --

Regarding #1, yes, but the target database's path/filename in the ODBC datasource
definition can't be defined in terms of a
mapped drive letter.  Rather, you have to use the standard UNC pathname, e.g.,
\\<machine-name>\<path>\<file>

There are additional caveats regarding access permissions, etc.  This subject has been
covered many times over the past few
years in the Allaire forums (forums.allaire.com).  There may even be a whitepaper
about it in the knowledgebase.

Good luck.

-- Larry Afrin
   Med. Univ. of S.C.