> And if i like another IDE what do you care?   You use yours.  Great.
> I'll use mine.    Who cares?   What counts is does MY IDE work for ME
> in the kind of work i do.   It might or might not work for you too,
> but I dont care.   Your implied criticism just smacks of those stupid
> and very tiresome 'mac is better than pc no pc is better than mac'
> arguments that never got anyone anywhere

I think you're missing his point a bit. An IDE is more than an editor.
Dreamweaver is arguably a great editor, but it doesn't have a lot of
things that an IDE should have, such as line debugging. Adobe makes a
line debugger for Eclipse, but not for Dreamweaver, indicating that
they don't really see Dreamweaver as an IDE either. Tom mentions
refactoring, which is something else you typically see in IDEs for OO
languages, but you don't see in editors.

And, as Mike points out, Tom's email signature isn't his fault.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/